A Home Loan is a secured loan with the property pledged as collateral with the bank/ housing finance company. Most often, a home loan is taken to buy a residential apartment whether ready to move or under construction. Increasingly, people take a new home loan to transfer the balance outstanding on their existing loan because they are getting a better deal. Home Loans are also taken to repair and renovate one's existing house. Occasionally, a home loan is taken to construct a house. A related loan is a plot loan where the proceeds are towards the purchase of a plot.
A person with stable monthly income is eligible for Home loan.
Document required for home loan
Self Employed Professional
Self Employed Non Professional
1. Application form with photograph duly signed
2. Identity, residence and age proof
3. Last 6 months bank statements
4. Last 3 months Salary-slips
5. Processing fee cheque
6. Form 16 / Income Tax Returns
7. Proof of business existence
9. Education qualification certificate and proof of business existence
10. Last 3 years Income Tax Returns with computation of Income
11. Last 3 years CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account